Contact

Monday, May 11, 2009

Better Late Than Never - Best Ever Brownies


I really meant to complete this week's Baking Beauties challenge on Sunday, really I did. Not only was I celebrating my first ever Mother's Day, we were also toasting to my husband's birthday. Needless to say, the weekend was jam packed and went by way too quickly. Before I knew it, it was 8pm on Sunday evening and I was just too pooped to start baking, let alone blog about it.

It almost seems like fate though, since I am having a bunch of the local Junction mom's over for coffee and tea tomorrow, and brownies are a perfect accompaniment. And I am sure this recipe will receive rave reviews.

While this recipe was slightly more labour intensive than other brownies I have made, the end result is so good, it's worth the extra effort. I practically had to chain my husband away from the pan! This is definitely a recipe I will be revisiting in the future... perhaps with some homemade coffee ice cream and crushed toasted almonds. Yum!

No comments: