Contact

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Funny Valentine



This year, my husband has a rival for my affections - my son. Although he doesn't know it yet, my baby faces years and years of sugary confections I will make especially for the two of them. Something else he has yet to understand is that he will have to contend with his father for his fair share!
This year I went for classic sugar cookies decorated in vibrant royal icing...both recipes courtsey of
Martha Stewart. I prefer to substitute Frangelico for the brandy, to add an extra element of flavour.


To achieve the optimal blank canvas for your decorating pleasure, ensure that you roll the dough out evenly and take the cookies out of the oven before they brown. This also helps keep the cookie softer, which is my preference. Then let your imagination take over...

It is proof that you don't need to spend money on a gift this Valentines Day. Instead, present you sweetheart with a sweet heart!

No comments: