Contact

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lovely Lemon Loaf


I was very happy that this week's Baking Beauties assignment was on the lighter side of baking; easy to prepare and not nausea inducing from too much chocolate (my apologies for last week ladies).

I quickly whipped up this cake on weeknight and I think the whole process took maybe 15 minutes, which is the perfect amount of time when you have a mischievous infant running around.



The loaf has a wonderfully pronounced lemon flavour, all thanks to the addition of the zest of three lemons. It has a beautifully dense crumb and really serves better the day after it is baked to give time for the crumb to set. As per Julia's suggestion, I sliced the loaf quite thinly, and served it with freshly whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Absolutely reminiscent of a summer afternoon.

I enjoyed this challenge much more than last week's... but must admit I am looking forward to next week's savoury recipe. And really, when am I ever not in the mood for pizza!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooo, strawberries! Good idea. I'm going to try that tomorrow.